As my life settles into the new routine I want to get back to this... the recounting of life's blessings this week. Ten barely scratches the surface...
1) I am thankful beyond words for the closing of my previous workplace which has resulted in me being at home full-time for now, and hopefully at least part-time in the future. So often the things which seem like catastrophes turn out to be blessings in disguise. I keep hoping that I won't wake up and find it was just a dream. I've been working full time for the past forty years, and I am so, so ready to be done with it.
2) Tied in with #1 is the blessing of quiet mornings, waking up to a new day without rushing around to get ready and out the door. I can sip tea, read the latest blog and Facebook updates, and cuddle the furkids who are equally happy to have me home.
3) Also tied in with #1 is the pure joy of not responding to ringing phones eight hours a day. I love the quiet! I love talking to people by choice, not on demand, and not dealing with coworker drama! (That's about four thankfuls right there! :-)
4) I am thankful for the slow but sure progress I am making in getting the house in order at last! There is so much clutter to sort through and dispose of and we are already feeling the lightness of less stuff, not to mention few dustbunnies!
5) I am thankful that my older sister was able to sell her two-story home and be approved for the purchase of a smaller one-story home in a senior residential community. She fell on icy steps and severely broke her leg last January, and will be using a walker for stability from now on, so the one-level home with less upkeep will be a true blessing.
6) I am thankful for the clever magnetic child-proof cabinet locks that are working very well to keep curious cats out of the kitchen cabinets and drawers at night! Thanks to Papa Bear for installing them all too! (Why on earth would Tiggy decide that a drawer full of cooking utensils makes a great place to nap when there are dozens of cozy places all over the house?! I suspect that many volumes could be written on feline psychology :-)
7) I am thankful for the tremendous amount of rain we've had here in the last month or so. Late summer is usually a very dry time in West Texas and the risk of grassfires is huge on the rangeland around us. This year that is not a concern, although the thriving population of weeks threatens to overtake the property and makes allergies especially fun!
8) I am thankful for reconnecting with old friends and making new friends that expand my world, and I am especially thankful for the friendships that reassure me that caring for each other doesn't need to be complicated!
9) I am thankful for the time and energy to prepare good home-cooked meals for Papa Bear. With both of us working and getting home late, supper too often happened in town or was a quick and easy affair. I am enjoying getting back into meal planning!
10) First and last, and always, I am thankful for my Papa Bear and his total acceptance and support of me. It is wonderful to know that I am valued loved unconditionally. We have an anniversary coming up next week! :-)
Today I'm linking up with Ten Things of Thankful
Go and check out what others are thankful for this week!