Annie at McGuffy's Reader and Ellen at 15andmeowing are co-hosting a fun weekly meme called Friendly Fill-In's. All you have to do to participate is complete the statements and link your post up here. This is a great way to get to know each other a little better!
Here are the this week's statements with the blanks:
1. Everyone should read _________________.
2. My first ___________________was a _____________________.
3. My favorite time of day is , because .
4. I think dreams .
Here are my answers:
1. Everyone should read The God Memorandum by Og Mendino, it is so uplifting!
2. My first week-long visit to the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota, and Red Cloud Indian School there was an eye-opening experience. Life is so difficult for many there, but the resilience of the children, and their capacity for love, is amazing.
3. My favorite time of day is the morning, because my mind is fresh and rested then, and my outlook on life is better.
4. I think dreams can be caused by different things, such as a response to stress or illness, the replaying of old memories - or maybe even memories of other lives, visits from people who have passed over to the spirit world, warnings, lessons, or reminders of something we need to take care of.