1) I am thankful that I have been given the ability to wake up each morning ready to have another go at life. I may grumble about getting out of bed for work, but once my feet hit the floor and I am moving, I am always hopeful that it's going to be a good day. I generally don't stay upset with people or events, I get over it and move on. Today is a new day, a new page, new possibilities - always!
2) I am thankful for Saturday mornings! As I've noted in the past, they are my favorite time of the week, all is quiet, the furkids are gathered around me, a glass of iced tea is at hand, and I have the time and energy to think clearly enough to write. In my fantasy life every day would start this way!
3) I am so thankful that it was only a four day work week... it felt like seven! I was more than ready to call it done yesterday at 5 PM. We have a new coworker and she was training with me all of Thursday and on Friday morning. I like her and I think she'll do a good job, but it is difficult for me to work side-by-side with someone non-stop for hours. Too much light conversation required, I find it exhausting. I realize how much I like the quiet of working in my own spot at my own pace, with only the phones to annoy me. :-)
4) I am delighted with how well Mojo is settling in to our family. He and Toby chase each other up and down the halls and around the rooms, wrestling and playing until they are exhausted. It's so good for both of them, and gives the older girls a nice break. Mojo did get put in time-out for ten minutes one night though by Papa Bear, for pouncing on Sophie, which didn't please her very much! He was a very contrite boy once he discovered that he couldn't chew his way out of the kennel jail. :-)
5) I am thankful for the awesome turn out for the re-start of Six Sentence Stories, now at Ivy Walker's blog. There was all kinds of great writing being share there, and I look forward to it growing bigger in the weeks ahead. If you've never tried to write a six sentence story, do it, and share it next week, it's easy and it's fun! It can be fiction or non-fiction, but I've discovered that making up a mini-story is not all that hard!
6) I am thankful for a husband that loves me so much that he will come to pick me up after work just so I won't have to walk across our large parking lot in the pouring rain and get soaked, or drive through deep-water intersections. As usual, I brilliantly left my umbrella in my Escape, which didn't do me much good when the rains came... yet again. How blessed I am to have my Papa Bear!
7) I am thankful that our new coworker is only about ten years younger than me. Now we have me at 61, her about to turn 50, our case manager in her early 40's, and our attorney who just turned 31 (younger than both of my children). It can sometimes be lonely having such an age spread between myself and the others, I come from a different generation, a different time, and a different way of thinking about so many things in life. Keeping my fingers crossed that she stays longer than her predecessors, and that we can continue to work together well.
8) I am thankful that, to date, despite many rainstorms and more to come this Spring, we have not sustained any hail damage thus far. Friends in towns not far from us haven't been that lucky, and the other half of the state was hit with horrendous flooding resulting in loss of lives. Praying for them.
9) Just as I reached this point in writing my post my phone rang, and I was so very blessed to have a thirty minute conversation with my son. How I love that "kid" (now 35), he never fails to make me smile! He just closed on selling his house in Clarksville yesterday, and is moving into an 11th floor apartment in a very nice place in downtown Nashville where there is far more for a single guy to do. I am happy for him!
10) I am excited beyond words that the next week will also be four-day work weeks for me. We are leaving next Thursday after work to head to the mini-mountains of Ruidoso, New Mexico to spend a long weekend celebrating Papa Bear's 62nd birthday! Since we aren't returning home until Monday, that will make the next week, a short one too. I love short work weeks, and I love the beauty and cooler temperatures of the mountains even more! There's a casino there too, so we will most likely come home with lighter pockets, but there's always that tiny chance... :-). Life is better when we have things to look forward to!
I'm linking up with Lizzi
at Considerings for Ten Things of Thankful ...
Drop by, check out the awesome posts, and add a list of your own!