2) Rain, blessed rain here in West Texas... more of it this Spring than we typically see in two years time! Despite the muddy driveway and navigating the lakes that form at intersections in town, we are so very grateful for the moisture and the greening up of weeds, and especially for the reduced risk of wildfires as we move into storm season.
3) I am actually spending all three days of this long weekend away from the office! I've been going in most Saturdays to play catch up on the paperwork mountain that has accumulated in the absence of having a 3rd and 4th staff person to assist the case manager and me. Saturdays are quiet with no phones ringing, so much can be accomplished, but it also leaves me feeling like I never got away from it. So I decided to just let it stack this week and say to heck with it! And I'm glad I did, I feel better already, as I sit here in my kaftan sipping a glass of iced tea, surrounded by cats. :-)
4) A sorry sack of child-molesting shit that didn't stay away from his target even after being charged for the first offense and warned by the judge, was sentenced to 25 years in prison this week. I'm sorry that I am unable to find compassion for him. I might feel differently if he had made an attempt to change, and I can't help but think about all the other girls he had access to as a girls ball team coach, not to mention his own two daughters. Once in a very great while I support the legal system in our country, though personally I support castration in such cases, it is a permanent solution to the problem with no worries about repeat offenders.
5) My son has secured a buyer for his house in Clarksville and is scheduled to close this coming week. He plans to move into the downtown Nashville area, life was kind of lonely for a single guy out there in the family-oriented suburbs. I am proud of him for deciding several months ago that he needed a change of scenery, and then taking the steps to make it happen!
6) I realize time and time again how blessed I am to have Papa Bear in my life! Yesterday morning I headed out to my Escape for the drive to work to discover a back tire flat to the rim, in the rain. Papa Bear got up and ready for work early (this was his late week) and took me to work, stopping for me to pick up Friday donuts on the way, then came home after work and removed the flat tire, replacing it with the spare just in case I had to go somewhere today. He took the flat to town and dropped it off early this AM on his way to work, and will be bringing home a new one after work, since it was damaged beyond repair. If I lived on my own, or with a less supportive spouse as in the past, this would all have been my problem to deal with. Joy is having someone who takes care of me! <3
7) Little text and photo exchanges, and some delightful video clips, along with perpetual games of Words With Friends and Dice Buddies that add so much to my tiring workdays! The sharing brings so many reasons to smile. Just having friends to connect with who ask "how was your day" can make all the difference.
8) Hearing my daughter defend someone with whom she more often has reason to grumble. It was nice to hear her see the other side of the picture and acknowledge that we all have our shortcomings. We don't need other people in our lives to be perfect, we just need them to be caring and real!
9) For all the lovely wildflowers, dandelions included, that the rains have brought to our usually brown landscape. The cottontail rabbits are having a feast, and that means the coyotes are eating a bit better too. I love coyotes, they've gotten an bad rap in life! :-).
10) I'm thankful that I've been able to do a bit better in crawling out of my turtle shell and connecting with others this week in meaningful conversations. When life is a struggle I tend to withdraw, and then I feel alone in the world (duh)! It's been a really good week of sharing with friends and family, while still managing to retain some downtime for myself each evening, which is just essential to me.
There's I've done it, Ten Things of Thankful - and it wasn't even hard, and as has always proved true for me, when I've finished up one of these posts I feel so much better. Just as I complete my list the ceiling light came on of it's own accord, I'm taking that as a good sign that someone is pleased. :-) Now to go get showered and dressed before Papa Bear gets home from work so we can head out for an early dinner. Saturday is date night at our house... it's so important for all couples to make time for date nights!
I'm linking up with Lizzi
at Considerings for Ten Things of Thankful ...
Drop by, check out the awesome posts, and add a list of your own!