1. It's a perfect Sunday Morning here, made even better by the knowledge that we have yet another day off tomorrow! I am thankful that, although we both worked yesterday, we will still have two days to enjoy together. Lots of relaxation and very little work is on the agenda! :-)
2. Just as it says in the illustration above, I am thankful for the way my life has turned out. I had some big plans when I was young, and others along the way that didn't work out either, but this chapter has turned out better than I ever could have designed or imagined. Despite the daily struggles that we all have, I am very, very blessed!
3. I am so delighted and thankful that our law firm has hired a wonderful new attorney for our office. We had an opportunity to meet him and his wife on Friday, and go to lunch with them. He is very young, just out of law school, and is from here so he won't be shocked at our somewhat barren environment or the skyrocketing cost of housing. They are both just as friendly and sweet as they could be, and he served as a missionary for two years in Brazil, so he has a genuine compassion for people who are struggling. I am so looking forward to working with him! Attorney's are known for being a bit egotistical, and I see non of that. Thank you Jesus for prayers answered!
4. I am thankful that I survived Thursday, Friday, and yesterday of us removing and returning all the furniture in four of our offices for new carpeting... a pretty dark red that is 1000 times better than the very old, very stained earth tones carpet it replaced. All that lugging, hauling, stress, and glue fumes has my fibromyalgia acting up big time, but it was worth it and this too shall pass. It is so fun to walk in and see it look so much nicer... and it's padded so much softer under my feet! Two more rooms to go eventually when budget permits.
5. Have I mentioned before that we will be headed for a vacation on Galveston Island? :-) I am very thankful that I can look forward to this kind of scenery just three weeks from today! Far, far away from work, worries, weariness, and the ever-ringing phones...YAY!
6. I am thankful for the comic relief of furkids. This morning Toby stuck his nose in the dry waffle ingredients bowl, as I was preparing waffles for our late breakfast. It came up dusted white, which was funny. I told him not once, but three times to get off the counter. He did, and then would quickly return again. (He is at toddler stage and doesn't listen well.) But then Papa Bear stood up and said firmly "GET DOWN" and Toby Tyler scrambled quickly to the floor and under the china cabinet. As in all houses, dad rules! :-)
7. I am thankful that I got to text/visit with both of my kids last Sunday simultaneously, and talked with both of them this week. I'm a mom, I miss their voices! My kids are the awesomest, and I cherish the relationships we have.
8. I am thankful for the great phone conversation Papa Bear had with his oldest daughter yesterday. Although she is not his biological daughter, they are very much alike and very close. It did his weary soul good to visit with her at length, and I know it did hers too. I so admire the relationships he has with his children and grandchildren. He is truly an awesome, caring, thoughtful father!
9. I am thankful that today is the last day of August, and symbolically the end of summer, as kids and college students return to school, and God willing it will gradually cool off here! We've still got another month or so of the hot stuff, but at least we are heading in the right direction. Autumn is one of my favorite times of the year, not too hot and not too cold, and maybe we'll be blessed with a little rain. Time passes quickly though, just four more months to the end of the year.
10. I'm thankful that the creation of gratitude lists has made me more mindful of my life and all the good things I have in it. I far less spend less time regretting the past or fretting about the future these days.
I'm linking up with Lizzi
at Considerings for Ten Things of Thankful ...
Drop by, check out the awesome posts, and add a list of your own!
If you enjoy creative writing and want a place to share your efforts,
join me for Two Shoes Tuesday this week