It's Saturday night here, in fact it will soon be Sunday morning. Papa Bear is out mowing the yard. Yes... in the dark! Our riding mower has a great headlight, and it's so much cooler than doing it during the day. Perfect quiet time to put together a list of blessings for the week...
1. I am so thankful that our paychecks were only one day late this week, that was more than a little scary!
2. I am thankful for the wonderful three-day holiday weekend that both Papa Bear and I have off and can enjoy together. Today felt like it should be Sunday all day, now we have another bonus day! Since he normally works six days a week, this has felt like a mini-vacation for him and the chance to rest and relax has been so good.
3. I am thankful for the freedoms in this country guaranteed in the Bill of Rights. Celebrating Independence Day was such a great reminder of how very blessed I am/all of us Americans are, to be born in this country. Had we been born somewhere else our lives could have been very different, and much more difficult.. and our blogs could have landed us in prison... or worse!
4. I am thankful for the nearby neighbors out here in the country who do lovely fireworks displays that we were able to enjoy while relaxing in the hot tub last night. It doesn't get any better than that!
5. I am thankful for the wonderful trips I've been able to take with Papa Bear in the past six years, we have made so many great memories together, and it's important. Life is short... make time for fun! In past marriages trips and vacations were few and far between.
6. I am thankful for funny typos and text bloopers that are a never ending source of amusement. I never cease to be amazed at how auto-correct and voice text can misinterpret or mangle a message and turn it into something WAY different, hysterically different... isn't that right, Lizzi? :-)) There is so much serious stuff to deal with in life, and we need these little bits of laughter to sweeten things!
7. I am thankful for movies like The Book Thief that Papa Bear and I watched last night. Painful as they are, we need these reminders of how crazy life can become and what horrible things can happen if we ledt madmen lead us. It is important that we never forget the lessons of history.
8. I am thankful for barbequed chicken - one of my favorites. Papa Bear did the grilling for our supper... and it was delicious! The furkids gave the tiny leftover pieces a vote of approval too!
9. I am thankful for three wonderful days where we could both sleep until we felt rested, no being ordered out of bed by annoying alarm clocks! In my fantasy world life doesn't start before 9 AM! I most often wake up before that, but this getting up at 6 AM on workdays thing is hard, especially since we enjoy our evenings together, short as they are, and don't like to go to bed too early.
10. I am thankful that, at least for tonight, I feel totally at peace with my life and with whatever it brings next. There are always rumblings and rumors on the horizon, fears that come with growing old, etc, etc, but I know that God is with me, and come what may, I will be ok. When at one time you lived a life in fear and darkness, peace is a beautiful wonderful, amazing thing! Choose peace for your week ahead... do what you can, and leave the rest in God's capable hands. Together we'll be ok!
This week I'm linking up with Sandy
at Mother of Imperfection for Ten Things of Thankful ...
drop by, check out the awesome posts, and add a list of your own!
If you enjoy creative writing and want a place to share your efforts,
join me for Two Shoes Tuesday this week!