Today I'm participating in Ten Things of Thankful, a weekly blog hop that asks us to "focus on the good things going on in your life by listing ten things you are thankful for..."
1) I am thankful for peaceful feelings! There have been many times in my life when I have longed for just one day of peace with no drama, no overwhelming problems, and no fires to put out. I am finding that as I get older and my life has settled down I often have days when life feels ok, good, and sometimes even great... despite whatever is going on around me. That's the secret... learning to hang on to that corner of peace despite the issues of the day. I can't honestly say that I'm in that place all the time - I'm often a frazzled mess by the end of day - but I'm working on it, and I am so very thankful for the days when I am able to keep my smile on!
2) I am thankful for the visit we had last weekend with John's daughter, her husband, and our awesome granddaughter Noa who will become a teenager in just a few more months. It was a long drive for a three-day weekend (seven hours each way), but so worth it. We hadn't seen them since before they moved last Summer. Noa is as beautiful inside as she is out; how I wish she lived closer so we could spend more time together!
4) I am thankful for the silly antics of our three furkids who, being cats, will choose cardboard boxes over soft cat beds and cushions every time. They love to curl up in small stationary boxes. Whenever I bring one home from the office they continually vie for possession. One day recently I saw little Gracie actually sitting on top of Sophie in the box, trying to get her to vacate it! So I brought home more boxes... now we have three, and most evenings and nap times they can each be found snuggled up in a soft blanket in their chosen box. Just for fun I added a forth one, and of course they each had to try out the new one to see if they liked it better! Our furkids are a never-ending source of amusement. It is sad that people can't find as much pleasure in something as simple as a new box!
6) I am so very thankful for the backlit keyboard on the new HP laptop that Papa Bear gave me for Christmas. Backlit keys make blogging so much easier on old, tired eyes, and mean that I can write in low-light instead of enduring the glare of a lamp just so I can find the right keys. This also means that I won't be wearing the painted letters off the keys (as I have on my old one and my keyboard at work), since they are cut right into the keys so that the light can shine thru. What a wonderful design idea!
8) I am thankful for the woman that has come into the life of one of Papa Bear's friends who was widowed a few years back. He has met and become engaged to a wonderful lady that truly lights up his life, proving once again that God has a plan for everyone at every age, we just have to watch and wait for it to unfold!
9) I am thankful for the amazing shoulder bag that Noa and her family gave me for Christmas. It is a Fair Trade product made in Nepal, and I absolutely love the fabric, design, and bright colors! It is so very 60's, and so very me! :-)
11- One more :-) I am thankful once again, and always, for this blog hop and other opportunities to focus on the positives in my life. As the quote up at the top says, our focus affects the way we feel, and the way we feel affects the way we live and interact with others. What things do you love about your life today? Hopefully you can name several. If you can't think of even one thing, it's time to make some changes!
If you enjoy creative writing and want a place to share your efforts,
join us for Two Shoes Tuesday and Six Sentence Stories this week!