I am also participating in "Thirty Days of Thankful" during the month of November, both here and on Facebook. It's a wonderful way to celebrate an entire month of Thanksgiving... join me!
I will be including my daily thankful notes here each weekend, so feel free to skip over the items you've already read in individual posts on my blog and look for the new ones I've added to this list...
1) I am thankful beyond measure for the amazing gift of being able to meet people from all over the world, share our thoughts through blogging, and develop friendships that will last a lifetime. What we discover is that we are all far more alike than we are different... peace begins with understanding!
2) I am thankful for our cozy little house out in the weed patch of West Texas. It isn't big, fancy, or shiny new, but it's ours and it's paid for, and most importantly, it is the only house I've ever lived in that truly feels like home - love abides here, along with peace, grace, and joy!
3) Despite the fact that I sometimes grumble about it, I am very thankful that I am able to work and have a job that meets my needs. Everyday I deal with people who would give anything to be healthy and well enough to find a job and keep one. I know that I am blessed. I can use my job position to make a difference in other people's lives, even if it is just to treat them with kindness and respect.
4) I am thankful for the understanding that attitude is everything! Often we can't change what is happening in our lives, but we can always change how we decide to deal with it. Maintaining a positive attitude makes a difference! I am grateful that there are always blessings to be found in every situation if I look hard enough.
5) I am thankful for the twenty mile drive to and from work each day. Most of it is outside of the city and gives me time to reflect. On the way to work I can psych myself up for the day, and on the way home I can relax and unwind. In the summer I get to witness beautiful sunrises, and in the winter I see amazing sunsets. It's a great way to begin/end the day!
6) I am thankful for people who live their lives with integrity. It is so refreshing to know people who won't compromise their beliefs of right and wrong, whether it's regarding large issues or a small ones. I love people who can be trusted to walk their talk and who don't make promises they have no serious intent to honor.
7) I am so very thankful for the kindness and compassion in my children's hearts. They are such a blessing to me! I couldn't be more proud of the kind of people they have grown up to be.
8) I am thankful for the sweet face of my kitty Sophie in the window, watching and waiting for me every day when I come home, then running to the door with Tiggy and Gracie to greet me. It is nice to feel missed and loved!
9) I thankful for all of you! October was the third highest view count in the entire history of my blog. I am humbled by the fact that people stop by to read my ramblings, sometimes leaving a comment, and occasionally are
10) I am thankful that I can read!!! All the amazing books, blogs, emails and letters would mean nothing if I didn't know how to read them or wasn't permitted to do so. This is a blessing most of us take for granted, and we forget that there were and still are times and places in the world where such privileges are forbidden. Perhaps the freedom to read and write whatever we choose is the greatest freedom of all!
If you enjoy creative writing and want a place to share your efforts,
come and join us at Two Shoes Tuesday and Six Sentence Stories this week!