This week I am once again I'm participating in Ten Things of Thankful, a blog hop that asks us to "focus on the good things going on in your life by listing ten things you are thankful for today."
1) I'm thankful that the work week is over! Seriously! It's been a week of "Mondays" that left me out of time and energy, and out of sorts, but as Friday afternoon drew to a close we all seemed to find our "sorts" and left with smiles and eager anticipation of days off.
2) Speaking of work, I am so very thankful for the spirit of friendship and cooperation that now exists in our office after a long, frustrating elimination process to end up with a good team that functions well together. There is no friction, no subtle hostility, and no undermining each other. Even on really crazy, busy days, we commiserate together and help each other out. This is how it should be, and it makes work a much less stressful place to be!
3) I am incredibly thankful for all the wonderful days of rain we had last week. Rain is so rare here, and it was just heavenly. We even had a few small, short sprinkle showers this week. When that happens it cools things down for the evening and we are even seeing things green up here temporarily which is a refreshing change from dry brown, even if it does make our allergies go bonkers. Most things in life are a trade-off of sorts, so we have to learn to take the bad with the good and focus on the positive part!
4) I am thankful for fluffy cat tails - the kind attached to cats! :-) Tiggy has the longest, fluffiest, beautiful orange and white tail that I've ever seen. It is so soft and pretty, in fact all of her fur is incredibly soft, like a rabbit! It is impossible not to smile when she rubs up against you, and she's just right for cuddling at bedtime!
5) I am thankful that my fingers can still work computer keyboards for hours on end. Life would be very hard and very sad without this ability. I type away for eight hours at work, then come home and type away some more on Facebook, my blog, and email! I cannot write with a pen for more than a paragraph or two without my hand and fingers cramping up, so I am extra thankful for the magic of keyboards... and spelling correction too! Remember the old days of typewriter erasers and then white out? Very messy stuff and never looked good either.
6) I am thankful for a husband that enjoys watching paranormal "ghost" stories/shows on tv as much as I do. We share similar tastes in tv viewing and movie selection, and can almost always find something to watch that we will both enjoy. I don't care if he watches things I don't like so much while I'm busy blogging, and every now and then we take in action-adventure movies because he loves them, even though they are not my favorite genre. Marriage is give and take and compromise, and most of all it's loving each other enough to want what makes your partner happy too!
7) I am thankful for the wonderful strawberry cheesecake flavored ice-cream cake our attorneys brought to the office on Thursday afternoon to thank us for all our hard work. It was so refreshing on a hot summer day! Needless to say, it disappeared quickly and there was none left to melt on the cake plate!
8) I am thankful for the fun of seeing frequent photo updates of grandkids and great-grandkids on Facebook. Nothing makes a day nicer than seeing the smiling faces of family pop up on the screen! How my Mom would have loved the magic of instant photo sharing!
9) I am thankful that I live out in the country on our own little piece of land that is not controlled by neighborhood associations. We are free to do with it/or not as we like; water and sewer systems being pretty much the only thing the county regulates, for good reason. We do not need permission or permits when we want to put up a shed, or change our mailbox or plant a tree, or even turn our house a lovely shade of purple if we so desired (it isn't, but I would love to)! Freedom of choice is nice!
10) I am thankful for the beautiful bright rainbows we encountered arching all the way across the sky as we headed home from town one evening. One can never see too many rainbows in life, or get too old to be in awe of their beauty!
Wishing all of you an awesome weekend and a week ahead with blessings too many to count!
~Share your blessings with us at Ten Things of Thankful~
And if you enjoy writing... come and join us at Two Shoes Tuesday this week!