Once again I'm participating in Ten Things of Thankful, a blog hop that asks us to "focus on the good things going on in your life by listing ten things you are thankful for today."
1) I'm thankful for the last half of the work week being much easier than the first. The pace slowed down a bit and we fell into the rhythm of making it work while one short staff. It is nice to leave at the end of week and feel good about it instead of defeated.
2) I am thankful for the new co-worker that our supervisors chose from those who were interviewed. As each one passed thru the door we held our breath, figuratively (and sometimes literally as in the case of one who arrived in a cloud of perfume), and hoped they would choose not only someone who appeared to be capable of doing the job, but also someone who would fit well with the rest of us personality-wise. It turned out that they chose the one we were hoping they would, she seemed very friendly. She begins July 8th, fingers crossed that she will prove to be all that we hope for!
3) I am thankful that my beloved Papa Bear now allows Tiggy to join us in the bedroom at night for some cuddle time. When in the main living areas with us and the other three furkids, she tends to be stay more detached, always nearby and observing, but not as often interacting, and not wanting lap time. But when she slips through the bedroom doorway she becomes "teddy bear cat" and just relishes in her role of snuggle bunny. She won the privilege because she doesn't play "hide under the big bed" when it's time to go out, as the others usually do.
4) I am thankful that Papa Bear is so quiet when he leaves for work on Saturday mornings. Once the alarm goes off he gets ready and leaves without me ever waking back up. It is so nice to have this day to sleep another hour or so, until my body says "ready" instead of the not-so-blessed alarm clock that rules our lives on workdays. This morning he let Tiggy back in when he departed, and she had a great time doing her best to wake me with all the usual cat tricks, finally surrendering to the realization that I wasn't quite ready, and curling up on top of me to purr contentedly and watch my eyelids for any signs of life. :-)
5) I am thankful for the wonderful blessing of Papa Bear being given a pay increase at work yesterday. It was a real morale booster for him because he works so hard... has been at the same job for 32 (or 33, I can't remember which) years now, and is a loyal and devoted employee. Needless to say, the extra dollars for our budget will come in very handy and make things a little easier, yay!
6) I am thankful that I work in a wonderfully air-conditioned building and that the AC on my Escape works very well, as the heat rose to 110 one day and 106 the next. With black asphalt parking lots of downtown absorbing heat and increasing the surface temperature much higher, it really felt like we were going to roast as we walked the short distance into the building, and while on that note, I am also thankful for the closer parking space I have now, with less distance to walk on such hot days!
7) I am thankful for the pleasure of watching a host of little birds have a wonderful "pool party" when I took out a huge bowl of fresh cool water one evening after a scorcher day... they drank, and played and splashed and just had a wonderful time! Needless to say, the furkids on their cat tree in my window were also totally absorbed in observing the party! :-)
8) I am thankful for Amazon.com... such an amazing, has it all, online store! "One click" shopping is the best, in less than five minutes time at lunch one day I had ordered a new book, paid for it, and had it downloading on my iPhone. Instant library at your fingertips for eBooks - the best invention ever!
9) I am every so thankful for the wonderful posts of fellow bloggers that add humor, appreciation, and inspiration to my days. I love going blog to blog to see what each person has added, there are some wonderful thinkers and writers in the blogsphere! I wish I had more time to comment as I go, I'm going to try to do better on that, because I know how fun it is to have people respond to what you post!
10) I am thankful for the wonderful gift card my son gave my for my birthday in February. I've been saving it, and today I'm going shopping for a couple new outfits badly needed for work. Shopping for clothes isn't my most favorite thing to do, but it's certainly nicer when it won't make a dent in my bank account! Fingers crossed that I can find something I like, I have one favorite store that has things in my size, and usually I can come home with things that make me smile.
Wishing all of you an awesome weekend and a week ahead with blessings too many to count!