An Attitude of Gratitude
I AM THANKFUL...
1) For open-minded people who allow new insights and information to change their point of view, and who display tolerance and understanding toward those who are different from themselves.
2) For the few beautiful times I've been able spend at the ocean shore, and for our upcoming visit just a week away!
3) For oatmeal, Cutie oranges, Double Stuf Oreos, and the delicicious omelettes Papa Bear makes!
4) For having had the opportunity to see Orca Whales intentionally interacting with trainers in the water at Sea World in San Antonio before an unfortunate accident resulted in such performances being banned.
5) For having a nice office of my own, and no longer having to share a small space with three other women as I did at my previous job.
6) For the outpouring of friendship and encouragement we experience in the blogsphere from people all around the world. Relationships such as these promote my belief that we are all far more alike than we are different, that we are truly one family, and that we must work together as one world.
7) For seeing the amazing Cirque du Soleil production "O" with my daughter when she took me to Las Vegas as a Mother's Day gift one year.
8) For wistful memories of homemade oyster stew that were a Christmas Eve tradition in my family when I was growing up.
9) For the obstacles I have overcome in life to get me where I am today, including those that were admittedly the result of my own poor choices! I am happy to say that my life is ok now! :-)
10) For old-time photographs that are such fun, like this one made of Papa Bear and me when we were vacationing in New Mexico. This handsome, smiling sheriff wouldn't really arrest a sweet little ol' lady like me, would he?
This post is linked to the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge