An Attitude of Gratitude
I AM THANKFUL...
1) For my Mom who always made sure we were taken care of, that we had all we needed, and that we got where we needed to be on time. She went the extra mile to make holidays and our birthdays special occasions, and she took the time to do the little things that make up my best memories of her now. How I miss those cookie care packages in the mail!
2) For Mother Teresa, she is my hero - she represented the kind of woman I aspire to be, having lived her life fully in accord with her beliefs, and using her time and her talents to serve others.
3) For men (where would be without them?), and especially for real men, like Papa Bear that take their role seriously and live their lives with integrity, respect, responsibility, humor, and love.
4) For Maine Coon cats, my most favorite cat breed. They are called "gentle giants" and indeed they are like cuddly teddy bears. Smokey, Stormy and Emily - furkids that were part of my life in recent years, and little Sophie that we cherish now, all had some degree of Maine Coon parentage that made them beautiful, soft, and sweet!
5) For all the medicines that have not only improved the quality of our lives, but in many cases are what keeps us alive. While most of us don't love pill-popping, there is a need for them, and - used appropriately - medications play an important role. I am grateful for the lives of those I love who wouldn't be here without medicines!
6) For moss roses, also known as Portulaca, that are small succulent flowering plants with an abundance of brightly colored blossoms. They thrive in heat and dry conditions. My maternal grandmother grew them, my mother grew them in her gardens, and now I grow them in big flower boxes of my own. I fell in love with moss roses when I was very young, loving their rainbow of colors, and fascinated by the bees that were as drawn to them as I was.
7) For treasured memories that warm my heart, make me smile, and remind me of all the marvelous things I've experienced in my almost sixty years of life!
8) For microwave ovens, I'm not sure how we ever lived without them! The days of warming things up in a pan or in the oven are long gone. Microwave ovens also make it possible to have warm lunches at work!
9) For ME! Yes, I am so very thankful that I am still here among the living, and that over the course of the last few years I've become more of the person I want to be. We must learn to love ourselves before we can truly love anyone else. Celebrate your uniqueness, it's a beautiful thing!
10) For miracles... I believe in miracles, I see them happen every day!
This post is linked to the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge