I AM THANKFUL...
1) For my niece Kari, she's a child after my own heart. We always joke that there was a mix-up at the hospital and she's supposed to be mine. She has endured some terribly painful things in life, and yet remains strong, kind and caring. Kari has a heart for all of God's critters and is active in dog rescue. There is always an extra tail or two at her house in addition to her own furkids. :-)
2) For random acts of kindness. We all like to be treated kindly, and it takes so little effort. It's amazing what a little bit of kindness can do to make folks feel better!
3) For kittens! As far as I'm concerned, there's just nothing cuter than a kitten. We rescued a mama cat two years ago that gave birth to six adorable kittens. They had an entire bedroom to themselves as a nursery/playroom. Watching them from day one until they were eight weeks old was such fun! Kittens start out so funny looking with over-sized heads, tiny bodies and tails standing straight up. Before long their eyes open, their ears pop up and their noses begin to take shape. They abound in curiosity and playfulness; how I wish they would never grow up! We kept sisters Tiggy and Gracie from that litter, finding good homes for the mama and the remaining four in pairs.
4) For sweet kisses from my Papa Bear, and for yummy Hershey's Kisses too!
5) For Kindle software - I have the Kindle app on both my tablet and my iPhone, and I love it, love it! How wonderful it is to never be without a variety of books and magazines to read!
6) For Kleenex. Ok, young'uns, don't laugh! I grew up in a time when dad carried a cloth handkerchief in his back pocket and mom always had a pretty embroidered one in her purse. I also remember the yuck factor of sorting them from the pile of laundry - just thinking of it makes me want to reach for the hand sanitizer! Now we can't imagine a world without a box of Kleenex tissues handy, and those extra-soft ones with the lotion are so very nice for irritated noses!
7) For kaftans - my very favorite home attire. I would wear them to work and everywhere else if I could get away with it. I love the beauty of the silky fabrics and designs, I love the airy, flowing feeling, and the extreme comfort. I've been wearing kaftans since I was sixteen, in fact I wore one made by Hare Krishna devotees in Denver for my first wedding, along with a wreath of red roses on my head. I'm wearing one now as I sit here and write.
8) For kiwi, such a delicious fruit, and so pretty when sliced!
9) For having the opportunity to introduce Papa Bear to the magic of Cirque du Soleil when we went to see their show "Ka" while in Las Vegas two years ago. I knew he would be as entranced by Cirque du Soleil as I was when I first saw their production "O". I was pleased to discover that "Ka" was every bit as good as "O", and we can't wait to see another! By the way, ka is a handy word to know when playing Words With Friends.
10) For The Knots Prayer, this is one of my favorite prayers...
This post is linked to the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge