I AM THANKFUL...
1) For my two incredible children - Inshallah and Ian... I am in awe of the amazing people they've grown up to be!
2) For those who live their lives with integrity, such as my husband and my friend Annie. Integrity seems to be a rather rare attribute these days, especially in the worlds of business and politics. To me, having integrity means that walk your talk, and always choose to do the right thing, even if no one will ever find out.
3) For the Internet! Need I say more? It has radically changed our lives, giving us the ability to learn about anything and everything, shop from the comfort of our chairs, and connect with wonderful people from all around the world. The Internet is probably the thing it would be hardest for me to give up.
4) For iced tea... I love it, I live on it. It keeps me going during long work days, and refreshes me when it's hot. Best of all is Southern Style iced tea that is sweetened, it could easily become an addiction.
5) For ink. Seriously, think about it... without ink all the great poetry and classics would never have been written, diaries would not have been kept, love letters would not have been sent, history could not have been recorded.
6) For my iPhone. This little powerhouse ranks right up there with Internet when it comes to things I would never want to live without. I often think about how my mom would have loved the unlimited talk and texting, as Dad routinely limited her phone visits with us to seven minutes, which he timed! She would have loved instant photo sharing too! I love the ability to stay in contact with my family and friends, knowing that we can find each other anytime anywhere.
7) For independence, for God giving me the courage to walk away from my past and start a new chapter of my life standing on my own two feet!
8) For Tybee Island off the coast of Georgia where I am to visit very soon... I can't wait to sink my toes in the sand and watch the waves come in! :-)
9) For ice cream, is there anyone who doesn't love it? I think that Papa Bear would be very happy if he could eat ice cream every day! I like lots of different kinds, but my very favorite flavor is Ben and Jerry's "Cherry Garcia"... it's wonderful!
10) For people who inspire me by their words and their actions, who motivate me to be the very best I can be!
This post is linked to the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge