An Attitude of Gratitude
I AM THANKFUL...
1) For the gift of encouragement - the life assignment God has given me, and what I enjoy doing the most. The only "tools" required for the job are friendly smiles, kind words, uplifting thoughts, and a caring heart.
2) For Easter Eggs - years of good memories creating them as a child and with my own children, and for the amazingly beautiful Ukrainian Easter Eggs!
3) For eBooks - a new addition to my life in the past year and I'm hooked. Now I always have books and magazines close at hand, no matter where I am - no pages to turn, no lighting to adjust.
4) For electricity - just for fun take a walk around your house and list every electrical object you find. It's incredible! I remember doing this in grade school and the list was very short... not anymore! When the electricity goes out for even a short while our lives are altered drastically.
5) For my eyes and ears - although mine need assistance in the form of eyeglasses and hearing aids, when I take those off at night I realize just how it might be to have no vision or hearing at all, not just how difficult it would be, but how many beautiful things I would miss out on! And let's not forget elbows, not having those handy, bendy joints would definitely be problem!
6) For the poetry of Max Ehrmann - Desiderata being the most well known. He is one of my favorite poets, and I just discovered that his collection of poems is now available in e-book format at Amazon!
7) For evenings - the time of day when work is over, supper is finished, and Papa Bear and I can relax together - read, write, watch tv, and soak in our hot tub out under a canopy of stars.
8) For edit mode in Blogger - because I am over-eager and often publish my posts in very draft form. Edit mode allows me to easily return again and again to proof-read and revise until them become a bit more perfected.
9) For the Vernal (Spring) and Autumnal (Fall) Equinoxes - I am a follower of the seasons, they regulate our lives and help us mark the passage of time, just as do the phases of the moon. The Vernal Equinox is met with great expectation on my part as the days begin to get warmer and finally last longer than nights, reaching their peak at the Summer Solstice. The Autumnal Equinox brings with it a bit of sadness as we move into cooler weather and longer nights that climax with the Winter Solstice.
10) For erasers - because I am not perfect (not even close) and I
This post is linked to the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge
Just for fun... think of something you're thankful for that begins with "E" and include it with your comments on this post.