I have been tagged by my friend Brenda at Ponderings Of An Author for a good Old School Blog Hop. This one looked like fun, and it is really quite simple... answer the questions and pass it on...
1. What were you doing 10 years ago?I was living in New Mexico with my then-husband in a marriage that was rapidly descending into Hell. I had no idea that my life would change 180 degrees in about five more years! That's why I am always telling people to have hope, you never know what God has planned for you!
2. What 5 things are on your to-do list? Become more active and eat healthier to lose weight, write Papa Bear's biography, de-clutter my entire house and the storage buildings, improve our yard so it looks and feels more welcoming, convince Papa Bear that we need to rescue another cat from the shelter. :-)
3. What are 5 snacks you enjoy?Brownies, cookies, caramel popcorn, pistachio nuts, and dipped pretzels. Anything chocolate ranks very high on my list of guilty pleasures!
4. Name some things you would do if you were a millionaire: My husband and I would retire from our current jobs and move to someplace green and beautiful, then spend time our free time travelling. I would own and operate a no-kill cat sanctuary with my daughter. I would write books, and I would visit all the bloggers I've gotten to know here. I would do what I could to alleviate hunger for the children of the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. I would donate my time and energy to help people find their way out of abusive relationships. I would rise early, stay up late, and take naps every afternoon! :-)
5. Name some places you have lived:In my 59 years of life I have actually lived in eighteen different cities. I listed them in this post: The Road I've Travelled. Those cities were located in South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Colorado, Indiana, Georgia, Texas, New Mexico, and in Germany.
6. Name some bad habits you have: I tend to be impulsive, and to always think I know best. Sometimes I am so consumed with being right that I forget being kind is more important. I also have a serious addiction to the computer keyboard. I am on one all day at work, then come home and do more of the same! :-)
7. Name some jobs you have had: Library aide, nursing home aide, receptionist, secretary, A/P clerk, and office manager. Although I am very good at clerical stuff, having done it all my life, it is not fulfilling. I loved working in the library long, long ago. My life is a good lesson on why one should finish college instead of abandoning it for other adventures. There is much I was capable of doing and could have accomplished. Not finishing school is probably one of my greatest regrets. At this point I'd much rather not have to work, but that's a fantasy - at least for the foreseeable future.
8. Name those you are tagging for the Old School Blog Hop: I'm not much into tagging because some folks enjoy it and some don't. So I'll just tag anyone reading this who thinks it might be fun to participate... go for it!! :-)