I was doing a bit of blog reading before starting work this morning, and when I dropped by Doesn't Speak Klingon I was surprised to discover that Red had nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award! What a great way to start my morning, Red, thank you! Red is one of the awesome bloggers I've been introduced to in recent months, and I'm having a great time following along with the blog-fueled romance budding between her and Brett from The Transformed Non-Conformist. They both write great blogs that never fail to be interesting reads. If you want to have some fun, drop by and watch things heating up between them. Love is in the air in Blogville! :-)
On to the formalities of winning this esteemed award...
- Thank and link back to the awarding blog.
- Answer seven questions (which seem to vary a bit from blogger to blogger :-)
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Hand the award on to 7 deserving others.
THE SEVEN QUESTIONS:
- What is your favorite dessert? Chewy chocolate brownies warm from the oven - no frosting required
- What do you do when you are upset? Glower, stomp my feet and sputter a bit, then I crawl into my cave and stay there until I feel better about life
- Which is your favorite pet? Everyone knows I'm a Crazy Cat Lady... a "mother" can't pick one of her children over the other, that would just be wrong!
- What is your biggest fear? Losing my husband or one of my children
- What is your guilty pleasure? Blogging, writing, reading, and more blogging.... topped off with a long soak in the hot tub every night.
- What is perfection? Perfection is having a loving, giving heart, always looking for ways to encourage others, taking time to spread smiles and wipe tears, and being content in the knowledge that we are fine just as we are, and have everything we need.
- What is your attitude mostly? 95% of the time I have a strong survivor spirit that keeps me going thru thick and thin; the other 5% I spend struggling to come to terms with life's cruelties and ironies, and wishing I was free to do more of the things I really love.
THE TEN RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I am a lefty. I amuse myself by borrowing other folk's computers and switching the mouse buttons for left hand, leaving them totally messed up the next time they try to use it! :-)
- In high school I won the "Betty Crocker Homemaker of the Year" award. If Betty could see me now she'd be turning in her grave! Actually, I thought it was pretty funny back then too, since I'm far from the domestic type. Winning was based on essays we submitted and I can bs with the best of 'em.
- I took state honors and was the state president of Future Nurses of America... yet another gameplan for my life which derailed later.
- Rounding out my high school education, I was one of two girls first allowed to take woodshop class, formerly the domain of boys only. They built birdhouses and such, I made a beautiful black walnut stereo table that I have to this day!
- I have lived in more than 30 different homes during my lifetime, the majority of which were after I turned 18.
- I spent two and a half years living in Germany as a military spouse - beautiful country! I also learned a lot about my 3/4 German heritage and how it affected the way I was brought up.
- My first ever trip on an airplane was flying from South Dakota to Germany toting my two year old daughter on my hip. Changing airlines at O'Hare in Chicago was intimidating for a small-town girl.
- During the early 70's I hitchhiked hundreds of miles back and forth across the Midwest. It was fun, and far more common than it is now, generally safer back then too.
- I was once a member of a religious
cultgroup that preaches the oneness of all religions but was founded on Islamic roots. I was told that if I ever turned away from the teachings I would experience the absence of God for all eternity. They were wrong about that. I dwell in the presence of the Creator every day!
- At the age of 18 I was on a locked ward in a mental hospital for 75 very scary days. I wasn't any different then than I am now. I'll leave it to you to decide if I am truly crazy - well, moreso than anyone else you know :-) - or if there were some powerful people in my life operating behind the scenes.
- Maria at Just Eat Your Cupcake - who is without a doubt one of the very best writers in the blogsphere, and one of the most interesting
- Louise - at Recover Your Joy and A Year of Making a Difference - whose uplifting posts are the most inspiring I've ever read
- Lily at The Incoherent Ramblings of a Moose - a wonderfully creative writer with a delightfully warped sense of humor
- McGuffy Ann - at McGuffy's Reader - who writes book reviews (especially ones about critters) so well that you bless Amazon for free shipping as your reading list grows and grows
- Andrea at From the Sol - who takes amazing photographs and did a fascinating series on a nest of baby robins just this week
- Frank at The Ranting Monkey - who has covered a wider range of topics with uncensored creativity than any other blogger I know
- Lotta Joy at Witless Relocation Program - who is showing incredible courage and a creative approach to blogging in telling us the harrowing story of abuse she experienced in childhood