A Little Sunshine
Arriving home after a long, hectic day in the office, I was delighted to find a little bit of sunshine waiting for me. My friend McGuffy Ann over at McGuffy's Reader presented me with The Sunshine Award - just what I needed to perk up my droopy spirits. Thanks McGuffy Ann! She and I share a love for critters, and especially cats. McGuffy also does some wonderful book reviews, my reading list grows everytime I stop by her blog!
The rules of the Sunshine Award require me to answer the following questions. Knowing how I love questions, how could I resist? :-)
1. Favorite color - royal purple, followed closely by bright lemon yellow
2. Favorite animal - cats! If you didn't know that by now, you haven't been here long.
3. Favorite number - seven and thirteen, both have always been lucky for me
4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink - Southern style sweet tea - iced, no lemon
5. Facebook or Twitter - Facebook only to keep in touch with a lot of folks. I have a Twitter account, haven't looked at it in months. Some folks take it to the extreme, noting everything they do all day and night. I mean really, who cares?! Same goes for turning Facebook into a personal diary. The whole world doesn't need to know your issues!
6. My passion - my husband, my children, my cats, and preaching the gospel of hope!
7. Giving presents or getting presents - Definitely giving. While I love to be surprised by small romantic gestures, and my husband is the master of that, watching someone's eyes light up because you surprised them with the perfect gift when they aren't expecting one... that's priceless!
8. Favorite pattern - Anything bright and colorful - floral is fun, pieced star quilts such as my Lakota friends make are amazing, and I love tie-dyed stuff too - that's no surprise, is it? :-)
9. Favorite day of the week - Saturday - a day all to myself until about 4 PM, then it's date night with Papa Bear!
10. Favorite flower - Bright yellow roses, Sterling Silver roses, canna lilies, calla lilies, Asiatic lilies, tulips, pansies and mossroses. I can't pick just one!
Now I'm supposed to tag some others with this award, but I'm not much of a tagger, so if you like it, grab it, and answer the questions that go along with it! It's fun to read what other folks favorite things are. Another endeavor in my never ending quest to know all about you! :-)
TGIF coming up tomorrow, and it' couldn't happen any sooner, it's been one hell of a week! I am happy to report that as of this morning we FINALLY have a scanner up and working in the office, two of them in fact. Now to start with the mountain-size backlog of paperwork to be scanned and attached. If I don't show up here by tomorrow night, come quick with shovels, it means I'm buried under a paper avalanche and didn't have time to grab my iPhone before it hit!