It's after Five on Friday and I'm feeling fine! With that in mind, while waiting for my knight in shining armor to come and carry me away to dinner, I've decided to post five fun facts about myself... well, maybe ten... or fifteen...
Five Things Almost Everybody Knows About Me:
- I love to write about the things that are bouncing around in my head. If one could make a living doing this, I would be a happy camper and wealthy beyond words!
- I am a crazy cat lady at heart. We have five cats in the house, and there would be more if my beloved wasn't a bit more sensible than I am and says five is enough!
- I am an Aquarian, and I hold true to the characteristics of my sign. Eccentric is me, ok maybe just plain weird. My other sign is slippery when wet.
- My favorite color is purple, seconded by bright yellow. Put me in a field of purple and yellow flowers and I will be in heaven... except for allergies, so I will sneeze!
- My favorite food group is chocolate. If it's got chocolate on it or in it, I will like it. I recently saw strips of chocolate covered bacon in a candy store... brilliant!
- I was born and raised in South Dakota, but I live in Texas now, and love it! I would probably love anywhere I lived if my Papa Bear was there with me. Though I think a tropical island where it's 72 degrees all year round would be very nice indeed!
- I have seven tattoos ranging from a tiny butterfly to a spray of flowers that follows the length of my spine. I love tattoos.. my first one was a crying heart over my own heart. I don't cry much anymore, but it reminds me of where I've come from.
- I have been married three times before, as has my husband. My first three turned into nightmares, two of my husband's previous wives died. For us the fourth time is the charm!
- I have several dozen young people on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation that I've known for years who are so very close to my heart. Watching them grow up into young adults is a fascinating, and sometimes heartbreaking journey.
- I am reclusive by nature and much prefer to be at home with my husband and my furkids than out among groups of people. Social situations make me VERY uncomfortable.
Five Things Not Many People Know About Me:
- I am hypersensitive to sounds, lights, and smells. This often causes me discomfort when I am in noisy environments, or watching action movies with lots of rapid movement and flashing light, or enduring someone who has bathed in cheap perfume. When I am home alone the only sound you will hear is my cats purring and my keyboard clicking. I use fragrance free everything so that my allergies and asthma don't go crazy.
- I am not the least bit impressed by great shows of wealth. I don't wear designer clothes or shoes or carry a designer bag. In fact I have one pair of work shoes that I wear every day, and beloved pair of sandals (that I can't wear where I work now, sadly) that I wear the rest of the time. I have a pair of tennis shoes for long walks, and a pair of dress shoes that I wore for my wedding and not since. I do not have a closet full of shoes or clothes. I can't relate to that lifestyle at all.
- My first husband practiced satanic worship. In short, he sold his soul to the devil. I saw and experienced things because of him that leaves no doubt in my mind that both good and evil are very real. The dark arts are not something to dabble in or play with, and I wince every time I see people doing this. I fear for them, they know not what they do!
- I don't like to wear clothes at home, and I never wear shoes in the house. As soon as I get home from work, off go the clothes and shoes and on goes a kaftan. I love kaftans, and would wear them to work if I could get away with it. Are you old enough to remember Mrs. Roper on Three's Company? Then you know what I mean!
- Early in my young adult life I lived in a couple different communal situations, this was back in the early 70's. Say what you will about those times, they were great times and good memories, and I think there is something to be said for creating your own families from people who fit well with you, or as my friend would say, are from your tribe.