- Little love note texts from my husband via his cellphone at unexpected moments thru the day.
- A bit of friendly conversation with the servers at fastfood restaurant windows, acknowledging that we see each other on a regular basis.
- Post-It-Notes with endearments left for me to find after my daughter comes to visit.
- The wonderful sound of my son's voice saying "Hi Mom" when he calls on the phone.
- One pretty flower in a vase appearing magically on my desk.
- Getting my nails painted and embellished with artistic designs.
- My furkids watching for me in the window when I arrive home and running to greet me at the door.
- Thoughtful, supportive comments in response to my blog posts.
- A gift of chocolate... any kind... any time... any place.
- A song playing on the radio that triggers good memories of times gone by.
- Having something new and brightly colored to wear.
- A well-mannered young person who stops to hold a door for me.
- A beautiful painted-sky sunset on the drive home from work.
Brighten My Day
My Thursday Thirteen list today was inspired by the realization of how it is the little things, the little acts of pleasantry and kindness, that add so much to our lives. Here are thirteen of the many things that never fail to brighten my day (in no particular order)...