1. My husband is more organized and efficient at packing than anyone I’ve ever known. It is wise to be ready to go, as your things will be packed and loaded regardless. :-)
2. Living without watches, alarm clocks and schedules feels great! Kicking back on the front porch is awesome!
3. Food eaten outside tastes twice as good, and even better if it is cooked over an open fire. Breakfast on the back deck under a canopy of tall pines is a wonderful way to start the day!
4. Deer, elk and moose lose their antlers every spring and regrow them in the fall. Each year their antlers grow larger.
6. Visiting the local tribal casino is a sure way to support the tribal economy. It is not a fast road to fortune, but it is fun.
7. The tin cups and plates used for feeding cowboys on old-time cattle drives keep hot food incredibly hot and cold drinks amazingly cold! The Flying J Ranch chuck-wagon style barbeque we ate Wednesday night was delicious!
8. No matter how proud you are of your pistachio farm business, erecting a 30 foot statue of a pistachio, complete with lighting and a bronze plaque is just plain nuts. :-)
9. The road from Alamogordo to Cloudcroft increases over 5000 feet in elevation in under 20 miles. The view is breathtaking, but winding mountain roads make me dizzy.
11. Whirlpool tubs are wonderful for relieving aches and pains. I want one at home.
12. Mountain village shops cater to tourists with money. While it is fun to look, I have no desire to buy. Instead I am coming home with a small Western style cross decorated with pheasant feathers, and a tiny carved stone box to hold my rings. My husband chose a new cowboy hat to wear at his Masonic Lodge meetings. It looks great on him!
13. My favorite vacation memory is of my husband picking a bouquet of brightly colored wildflowers for me, finding nine different varieties within a few feet of where we were sitting in the forest. He took the photo below so I can remember them always. Romance is not just for kids. :-)
Now head over to Thursday Thirteen and see what some other folks have to say!