Annie at McGuffy's Reader and Ellen at 15andmeowing are co-hosting a weekly meme called Friendly Fill-In's. All you have to do to participate is complete the statements and link your post up here. This is a fun way to get to know each other a little better!
Here are the this week's statements:
1. The last movie I saw at the theater was __________________.
2. The title of my autobiography would be __________________.
3. I would love to learn, ___________________ .
4. I am glad that I learned, ________________, because _________________.
Here are my answers:
1. The last movie I saw at the theater was several months ago because we usually watch Netflix. My memory is so rusty that I can barely remember what shows I watched yesterday, much less what I watched that long ago! :-)
2. The title of my autobiography would be Six Pieces of Cherry Pie because there will most likely be six chapters of my life before I depart this world, all very different from each other.
3. I would love to learn to write well enough to earn an income doing it, wouldn't we all? :-)
4. I am glad that I learned that people and experiences are far more important than things, because I think it's rather sad to watch people whose main goal in life is to acquire possessions. They never seem to have enough to be satisfied.
"Take it back," Simone shouted. "Don't buy me any more expensive gifts because you have a guilty conscience!"
Stunned by the intensity of her anger, Barry did his best to calm Simone's rage. "Honey you're talking crazy, I haven't done anything to be guilty for," he protested, averting his eyes.
"Yeah okay, give me the keys and I'll take it on a test drive to the convenience store to pick up a couple things," Simone said, apparently calming down.
Thirty minutes later the neighborhood was rocked by an explosion and Barry ran to the front door in time to see the brand new vehicle engulfed in flames while Simone walked away smiling.
I'm joining Ivy Walker at "Uncharted"
for Six Sentence Stories
where the cue this week is "back"