Annie at McGuffy's Readerand Ellen at15andmeowingare co-hosting a fun weekly meme called Friendly Fill-In's. All you have to do to participate iscomplete the statements and link your post uphere. This is a great way to get to know each other a little better! Here are the this week's statements with the blanks:
1. Whatever happened to ___________________________?
2. I always ____________________________ on Memorial Day.
3. I used to wish , but .
4. I just cannot , no matter .
Here are my answers:
1. Whatever happened to teaching children manners and how to behave in public?
2. I always remember the families who lost a loved one in service to our country on Memorial Day. There would be great pride, but it would also be heart-breaking.
3. I used to wish that one day I would be free of the prison I created in my life, but I no longer have to dream of that day - I've been free and content with my life for 9-1/2 years now. That still amazes me!
4. I just cannot abide people who don't own their behavior, no matter how hard they try to convince me that the fault lies with someone/something else.
I have often said that I manifest both the sacred and the profane in my writing and in my life. Fairly often I find myself yielding to minor temptations or bad behavior. One night recently when I was pestering Papa Bear as he tried to fall asleep, he asked me why, and the only valid response I could provide was "The devil made me do it!" Papa Bear then cited the classic illustration of having an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other. "Go with the halo", he said, "not the horns". I try, most of the time I really do, but as to whether I am more drawn to the halo or the horns, I think it's pretty much a draw. :-)